Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Free File - Fillible Forms From the IRS!

It's your Birthday - It's your Birthday - It's your Birthday - It's Your Birthday!!!! WEE HO!

If you can read instructions, you can file your Tax Return for ***FREE***
The Year of the Taxpayer!
  • Low Income, you are eligible for Earned Income Credit, in 8 days you can have your Federal Tax Return for 2008 for Free. This means the $300.00 - $600.00 you would be charged in preparation and loan fees will be back in your home and family where it belongs.
  • Consider yourself middle class in terms of pay? Do you know you are going to owe a little cheese to SAMMY, and now you are hacked off because you know you gotta pay some little twerp who just learned how to enter data in a machine around $100.00 bucks [or for some of us the $30.00 we may pay for "Free File" using other companies software] to do your return - AND have to pay in too...You can file free. All the forms you need are there. All instructions for each form are viewable while you are on that form. FREE *
  • Tax person * hate filing your taxes where you work? Like keeping your financial business to yourself? YOU WILL LOVE THIS.
  • Old School? - You know how to do your simple tax return on paper and by-Jobie that is the only true way? If you aren't familiar with the computer, ask that grand baby to show you how to get to the IRS website. Instructions are to follow:
  • Haven't done your taxes for a few years? You can go back and do every year FREE. Do you know how much money this will save you? For those who were scrambling to file for the Stimulus check, and you didn't get it done, now is a good time to finish. If you can read instructions. You can do this.
  • Rich? HATE giving anyone a penny to do what you may be able to do yourself? Do you wait until April 15Th [traditionally] to do your taxes to put off paying Uncle SAMMY, and the Big Twerp CPA who has been gouging you every year and you are ready to put it in his/her eye? Here is your chance...If you are High Income, you probably need to wait until the middle of March 2009 to do your Tax Return. This is when 2008 Tax Law Changes are done, and all Forms will be available.
  • Love to File Extensions? Hate to pay $25.00 - $50.00 or more for that pleasure? You can electronically file an Extension. How much? FREE!
  • Seniors - Disabled - Not required to file, you can file if you want to, just to stay in the system. Free * Free * Free

Go to www.irs.gov click on the "Individual" Tab. Under the picture of the happy mixed family at the picnic table, the third item down (02/02/09) is a Link to Free File. At the top of Free File page it gives options for Your choosing a Tax Software or letting the IRS find a company for you. The next option is Choose Your Forms, click on that. It will advise you that you are leaving the IRS website, go ahead. You will come to a simple pretty blue form 1040. Have your last year Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) - that is the bottom line on the front page of your Last Year's Tax Return (2007). Come up with a pin number. Most choose last 5 of the Social Securtiy Number, because you always have it and can remember it. Choose your forms. If you are not sure if you will need a form, go ahead and choose it, you can delete it later. Come back later for further instructions....

If you have any questions. Leave them here, and I will do my best to get your Answer - This Year is the Year of the Tax Payer, because I am working for Free doing this as well. Any income I would earn is by over a thousand visits to my page...[maybe April 14Th huh?]. Really, let me help, this Old Grizzly knows her stuff! I have resources and training, that I get from the IRS. I am an approved e-file company. This is my Karma building year, and Americans and Visitor workers need all the Helps and benefits they can get.

For confidentiality - email: grizzly.bear@att.net

***Case examples from all past years may be used without names or any identifying features. Due Diligence is Primary! Any questions intended to commit fraud? Don't ask me, because I will advise you to the illegality and possible punishments. -0- Tolerance. Honest questions - Priceless! :8 - ) ***

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Free File Forms - 2008 Tax Year

Good morning Taxpayers, [Happy Superbowl 43! Steelers vs Cardinals]
***Here is an update on the new Free File Forms available from the IRS Free File link.

Go to www.irs.gov, in the Search Box, type Free File. You will be directed to a split page. The top portion of the page gives income limitations for Free File using approved Software. The IRS gives two options with Free File with Software; 1). You choose the Company, 2). The IRS will choose for you after you answer a couple of questions. http://www.irs.gov/efile/article/0,,id=118986,00.html

The next option on Free File using Software is that you choose your own. There are different reasons to choose, but find the one who best suits your needs without charging too much.

On the Bottom half of this page, Taxpayers are given the option of choosing their own forms; 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ.

***** No income limits for using these forms. Some Forms for the more complicated returns will not be available until March of 2009. This is when Congress is done with 2008 Tax Law, and it is final.

***** Five Star rating for any Dependent who needs to file an income tax return. Remember Parents and Guardians; if you claim a dependent on your Tax Return who has earnings, they are required to File a Tax Return. After working for years at one of the big name tax firms, I can tell you the prices charged for a Dependent 1040EZ is too much. By getting your youngster started with Free Forms, this will give them a better understanding of their 'tax life". Oh yeah; It is completely free to file electronically. I have run into a glitch on the start-up, but on Monday I will be in touch with the IRS to find out Whatz up.

My tax return is more complicated because I legally take every penny possible, and I was up to 8 forms & worksheets last night when I realized I could not locate the place to enter W-2, 1099, 1099R [incoming money] forms. Again, I probably missed something on the sign in, but it should not be so hard to locate these areas of entry. Follow-up Monday night if I can get off of Eternal Hold.

~ Software - TaxSlayer is still my favorite. They are user friendly, provide links to information to what you are doing without charge. Under certain income limits; it is Free Fed & Free State = 9.95 E-File.

Many have used the same company for years. If you have had no problems and you are happy with the ease of use; don't change. Keep in mind when you purchase the Software in the stores, you are paying a lot more than 9.95, or 14.95. As they say, if you don't know how to use it correctly it will be problems without measure and you can be barred from the IRS by doing your own taxes.

Records, Records, Records. You must have them compiled before you File!

If you use a tax professional, do not put them in the position of "guessing" close to your numbers. This year more than ever, your Tax "people" will be held accountable for erroneous numbers. Do not let any Tax 'people' convince you to "use a Dependent" that you cannot prove the dependency.

I heard one guy in a school for a certain Large name firm say, "they told us no one ever goes to jail for that..."

Try this, go to the Department of Justice website, search Tax Firms & Preparers. Perhaps print out the 20 - 30 pages of firms that have been closed, the tax pros that have been fined and their punishments.